Our next Print Competition Night will be held at Belmont 16s Sailing Club on Wednesday 16th June. Our judges for the night will be Bev Woodman and Di Schofield. The night will be chaired by Greg Carruthers.
Perhaps unsurprisingly the number of entries we received in May was lower that what we normally saw pre-pandemic. That said, our judges have been instructed to judge the prints entered on their merits and will give awards accordingly. I therefore encourage members who wish to participate in print competitions to get their entries in. The club website is ready to upload your entries.
Depending on the number of entries we will endeavour to provide time for discussion on some of the prints as feedback from our May meeting indicated members valued the opportunity to discuss some of the entries and learn how they may be improved.
As we did at our last meeting I would remind everyone of our Covid 19 Management Plan:
- Don’t come to the meeting if you are feeling unwell or off -colour
- Check-in on entry to the club
- Use the hand sanitiser stations located around the club
- Practice social distancing. Chairs will be arranged with a 1.5 m separation. When viewing prints please move in single files from right to left when facing the front of the room.
- If you are assisting in putting up or taking down stands then please keep your distance from each other.