To add more member involvement with EDI competitions, we will be trialling a member scoring activity.
Please note that this is additional to, and does not affect the normal judging process – your entries will be commented and given awards by the nominated judge as usual. This is a voluntary activity. Just ignore the message if you don’t wish to participate
You will receive an email message soon that invites you to participate in the online judging of a competition. Each member will be sent an invite to judge Colour EDI for their own grade. For your own entries, the score you give will be ignored, and replaced with the average score from all other scoring participants.
Online scoring is done by entering a score from one to five for each image. Use this as a guide for scoring:
- Give this score if you consider that the image should be rejected (e.g. Coloured parts in a Monochrome entry, a motor car in a Nature entry.)
- if the image is below the standard of the grade being judged
- if the image is OK but has no notable aspects
- if the image has above average aspects that make it a contender for a merit or honours
- if the image has more than one outstanding aspect and would be a contender for honours or Judges Choice
This activity can only be done on a computer with a keyboard – iPads, phones or any other touch device are not suitable.
The scores will be announced at the next competition meeting. Please complete your scoring the day before the competition night.