In this world of digital photography, it is often said that today’s photograph involves 2 processes. The first is the capturing of your image with your camera/device and the second involves editing this image using your preferred software. This is a challenge open to all members of the 16’s Camera Club. You will be supplied with a raw image file and we would like you to edit the image using some software. One of the goals of the club is to assist members in their photography skills. Here is your chance to improve and practice your editing techniques. Here’s how it works
- Download the raw image file from the website. To download the image, go to the members area to enter the “May Raw Image Challenge NEW” This will open a new window where you will see a blue button to “DOWNLOAD FILE.”
- Download the file to your computer.
- Open and edit the file in your preferred software (or try something different)
- When you have completed your edit upload it to the website by entering the “May Raw Image Challenge” using the usual EDI format for your image.
- The challenge will open May 1st and close May 31st
- After closing members will then be able to see all the images entered, and vote for the winning entries using our online voting system.
This is an ideal opportunity to experiment with your editing skills and to see how others would process a raw image. You can manipulate this image in any way e.g. crop, rotate, monochrome conversion, filters etc, the list is endless. We would like you to experiment!
However just 1 rule. You can only work with what you are given. You are not allowed to add other elements e.g. sky replacements etc and just remember you cannot enter your edited image in a normal EDI competition as it is not your own capture!
Keen to give it a try? Great! The first challenge is a portrait.
Any issues please contact Greg Carruthers (contact details can be found in the members area of the website)